The type of friends you prefer reveals a lot about your personality, says psychologist Dr. Elayne Kahn, co-author of “1001 Ways You Reveal Your Personality.”
If you have:
- Just one close friend — You need someone to confide in and trust. You don’t trust people very easily, but once you do you’re very loyal.
- Friends of your own sex only — You enjoy tradition and believe boys should be boys and girls should be girls. You’re more comfortable when people are in more traditional roles.
- Friends of the opposite sex only — You enjoy being the center of attention, but don’t like competing for it.
- Friends you just party with — You love to socialize, but don’t like people getting too close. You’re very independent and want to stay that way.
- Friends from the workplace — You love achieving, working hard, making money and always moving ahead. All the things in your life – including friendships – are geared toward making your career as successful as possible.
- Different friends for different occasions — If, for example, you go dancing with one group of friends and play touch football with another, you’re well-organized, but don’t like to become too involved with people. You’re a busy, active person.