These 10 tried and true methods will slash your car’s fuel consumption. And in just one year you’ll have saved the equivalent of a month’s worth of gasoline:
- Use your air conditioner as little as possible. And never run it with the windows partially down.
- Keep your car tuned up regularly.
- Make sure your car is aligned.
- Rotate the tires every 5,000 miles.
- Get rid of unnecessary stuff in your trunk. The lighter the load, the better the gas mileage.
- Make sure your tires are properly inflated.
- Park in the shade. The sun’s heart evaporates the gas in your tank.
- Avoid jackrabbit starts from a dead stop.
- Some grocery stores offer customer-loyalty vouchers good for free gas. Ask if yours does.
- Avoid traffic jams whenever possible. Idling engines waste gas. Perhaps you can change your working hours from 9 to 5 to 10 to 6 or 8 to 4.
Do you have any tips? Did I leave something out? Let us know in the comments section below.