According to some psychiatrists there’s a good and a bad time to ask for a raise, because your boss has a weekly cycle of moods.
- Take Monday to ask for a vacation. Having just enjoyed his or her weekend, your boss will be in a better mood to grant you some time off.
- Tuesday is the day for bad news. Break it gently. Tuesday gives your boss the rest of the week you clean up your mess.
- The day to ask for a raise? Wednesdays. This survey says managers told them they felt most charitable on Wednesdays than any other… you’ll get lots of “yes” answers on this day.
- Thursday is the day to present your boss with your ideas… they’re more open minded.
- Friday is the day to ask for favors… it’s after all Friday, and bosses are looking forward to the weekend too!