It’s the 8th anniversary of the attacks on New York and Washington D.C. and in some sense an attack on the world. I have visited New York several times since to view first hand the site that left such a deep scar on our collective psyches. The above picture was taken on one of those visits.
I have heard the conspiracy theorists each with an extraordinary interpretation of the events and likewise I have read the equally extraordinary official story and have come to a conclusion: There are still too many unanswered questions…questions that were left unasked by the 9-11 Commission. Here are a few on my mind:
1. Why didn’t jets intercept the airliners since they had numerous warnings of terrorist attacks?
2. Why were there no photos or videos of the Pentagon plane?
3. If the fire at the Pentagon was so intense to have destroyed the black boxes how were they able to identify most of the bodies?
4. How extensive was the relationship between the Taliban, the ISI (Pakistani intelligence) and the CIA?
5. Why the strange pattern of debris from Flight 93, and no bodies?
6. How were passengers able to call relatives on cell phones from 30,000 ft when that technology hadn’t been invented until years later?
7. Why did none of the 19 hijackers appear on the passenger lists?
8. How were all hijackers identified just 2 days after the attack?
9. Where did the photos of all 19 hijackers come from…and what about those who claimed to still be alive and not involved??
10. How is it possible for WTC 1 and 2 to collapse the way they did but the central, solid metal core didn’t remain standing? And why weren’t those girders marked as evidence and taken into custody, not quickly sold for scrap?
And for me this was the start of my questioning the official story:
11. Why did building 7 collapse? And how did that BBC reporter announce it’s collapse 20 minutes beforehand? [video]
Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying 9-11 was an inside job, hardly, I’m saying there are too many questions that weren’t asked and when it came to the investigation nobody was giving up information easily, case in point Chaney and Bush’s closed door, ‘no note taking allowed’, testimony.
Either there was a colossal failure on the part of the U.S. government to prevent what happened and they are trying to hide their incompetence or there really is something to hide. There is enough evidence to suggest it was a false flag operation like with the overthrow of Mosadek in Iran in 1953, like was tried in 1967 in the Eastern Mediterranean with the USS Liberty [video], the Bay of Tonkin incident which got us involved in the Vietnamese civil war, etc. There have been so many false flag operations my critical mind is even beginning to question the Pearl Harbor attacks!
I am a realist, the whole truth about what happened 8 years ago will never be known, that’s impossible. What I would like to see is a new investigation to answer some of the questions the original commission left out. Download a copy of the official report here. [download]
None of what I’m suggesting will bring back those that were lost on that day, or the soldiers we sent to exact revenge, or the innocent Iraqis and Afghanis who likewise got caught in the middle of something far bigger than all of us.
8 years later it’s time for the truth.