Holiday Food Poisoning Warning

Food poisoning is not the gift you want to get or give during the holidays. Here is something I just read that you should keep in mind while entertaining during the holidays and all year round:

Heat is not enough
Have you ever stuck leftover back in the fridge after sat out too long, thinking they would be “fine” once reheated? Think again.

Reheating food properly is important for destroying bacteria. But reheating does not destroy any toxins that the bacteria already produced.

Often, it’s those toxins that cause food poisoning symptoms. So if in doubt, throw it out! As a rule, don’t eat any food that has been kept between 40°F and 140°F for more than 2 hours.

Have a safe and happy holiday!

⟱ Share this info through one of the links below

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: