Food poisoning is not the gift you want to get or give during the holidays. Here is something I just read that you should keep in mind while entertaining during the holidays and all year round:
Heat is not enough
Have you ever stuck leftover back in the fridge after sat out too long, thinking they would be fine once reheated? Think again.
Reheating food properly is important for destroying bacteria. But reheating does not destroy any toxins that the bacteria already produced.
Often, its those toxins that cause food poisoning symptoms. So if in doubt, throw it out! As a rule, dont eat any food that has been kept between 40°F and 140°F for more than 2 hours.
Have a safe and happy holiday!
⟱ Share this info through one of the links below ⟱