December 10, 2010
Food poisoning is not the gift you want to get or give during the holidays. Here is something I just read that you should keep in mind while entertaining during the holidays and all year round:
Heat is not enough
Have you ever stuck leftover back in the fridge after sat out too long, thinking they would be fine once reheated? Think again.
Reheating food properly is important for destroying bacteria. But reheating does not destroy any toxins that the bacteria already produced.
Often, its those toxins that cause food poisoning symptoms. So if in doubt, throw it out! As a rule, dont eat any food that has been kept between 40°F and 140°F for more than 2 hours.
Have a safe and happy holiday!
⟱ Share this info through one of the links below ⟱
August 25, 2010
Here’s a story about a Chocolate Labrador in L.A. who ate a beehive and won an award as “the most unusual pet health insurance claim in the United States” by the Veterinary Pet Insurance Company.
Ellie, who fully recovered from her encounter with the beehive in southern California, beat a border collie that ran through a window to get at a mailman, and a terrier that bit a chainsaw. Read more…
I guess being from Canada and all, and considering how the U.S. doesn’t seem to like the idea of health insurance (for humans), discovering that you can get health insurance for you pet in the states is to me a bid…weird, no?
September 14, 2009
I was just taking a coffee break from a recording session sitting in my backyard and look what fell on the table in front of me… I guess this means summer’s over…
I Guess Summer's Over