I was just taking a coffee break from a recording session sitting in my backyard and look what fell on the table in front of me… I guess this means summer’s over…
As you know by now, since I left radio I’ve been busy doing tons of voice over work: commercials, documentaries, online education courses etc. But one of the cooler things I got to do this summer was work with Gameloft on a few of their video games. The first one is now available through iTunes to play on your iPhone and iPod Touch.
Check out this review from Tap Critic, you start hearing some of what I did for the game around 2:30. Despite what he says in the video the App costs $5…at least in the Canadian store.
Look out for 2 more games from Gameloft with my voice in them in the next few months.
This one is perfect for our times. Using the ‘Job Interview’ scenario to sell Pepsi Max. Actually this is the exact same way I got my job! What? You thought landing a job where you get to work from home in your pajamas all day was easy??
An AIG 2 page corporate security memo, which was leaked to the press, advises employees on how not to fall victim to the populist horde calling for their heads. Have a look below (don’t forget to read my tips at the bottom):
Now, here’re some of my own tips: Lie about where you work, avoiding anyone who pays income tax and oh yeah, don’t lighting cigars with one hundred dollar bills in public anymore.
What tips would YOU give?
According to some psychiatrists there’s a good and a bad time to ask for a raise, because your boss has a weekly cycle of moods.
- Take Monday to ask for a vacation. Having just enjoyed his or her weekend, your boss will be in a better mood to grant you some time off.
- Tuesday is the day for bad news. Break it gently. Tuesday gives your boss the rest of the week you clean up your mess.
- The day to ask for a raise? Wednesdays. This survey says managers told them they felt most charitable on Wednesdays than any other… you’ll get lots of “yes” answers on this day.
- Thursday is the day to present your boss with your ideas… they’re more open minded.
- Friday is the day to ask for favors… it’s after all Friday, and bosses are looking forward to the weekend too!
The description reads:
The successful applicant “will be expected to stroll the white sands, snorkel the reef, take care of “a few minor tasks” — and report to a global audience via weekly blogs, photo diaries and video updates.”
Hey, I can do that!
And continues on, “They’ll also have to talk to media from time to time about what they’re doing so they can’t be too shy and they’ll have to love the sea, the sun, the outdoors.”
Man, this is perfect for me! I’m a “shoe in”…or should that be a “flip-flop in”…
Here are the details:
…but don’t you dare even THINK of applying….this one’s mine!